During a divorce or paternity action, many parents agree to share any medical costs for their child 50/50. However, if you earn less money than the other parent, you do NOT have to agree to that. Unless you do, the Court must order you and the other parent to share those expenses at a rate that reflects your incomes. For instance, if you earn $30,000/year and the other parent earns $70,000/year, then you legally will be responsible for only 30% of all uncovered medical expenses (i.e. things not covered by your health insurance, like co-pays); the other parent will be responsible for 70%.

it is important to have a family law attorney on your side to deal with issues like this. The Law Office of Summer R. Nichols is here to make sure you know all of your rights and do not get cheated at mediation or in court.

Contact us today for a FREE consultation and case evaluation.

CategoryFamily Law

© 2024 Website Designed by Client Focused Media